MSL Supports City Climate Task Force
MSL Managing Director David Breecker has been asked to serve on two of the Working Groups (the Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy group, and the Finance group) supporting the City of Santa Fe’s Climate Action Task Force. In addition, Randy Grissom, President of MSL partner Santa Fe Community College, is a member of the Task Force.
On Monday, November 3, Mayor Javier M. Gonzales hosted the city’s first-ever Climate Action Summit, which examined the city’s efforts and progress in the areas of water, energy efficiency, renewable energy, and transportation. The mayor was joined by members of the Task Force, whose mission is to counsel and advise the mayor on the types of strategies and programs the city should undertake to create a healthier and more resilient community by protecting the environment.
City staff presented to the Mayor and Task Force a host of sustainability metrics and data within each program topic, and discussed short and long-term projects and goals designed to continue making progress in each of those areas. The various Working Groups are charged with engaging and leveraging the vast technical expertise in the community in support of the City’s goals, which include the formation of a public utility capable of delivering advanced energy solutions.
The Climate Action Task Force Members are:
- Mayor Javier M. Gonzales
- City Councilor Peter Ives, Co-Chair
- Former Mayor David Coss, Co-Chair
- Beth Beloff, Principal, Beth Beloff & Associates
- Kristina Fisher, President of the Board, Santa Fe Watershed Association
- Julia Furry, Co-owner, Furry’s Buick GMC
- Randy Grissom, President, Santa Fe Community College
- Robb Hirsch, Executive Director, Climate Change Leadership Institute
- Kathy Holian, Santa Fe County Commissioner
- Owen Lopez, Former Executive Director, McCune Foundation
- Jack McGowan, Principal, The McGowan Group
- Amy Miller, Director of Community, Environment and Local Government, PNM
- Glenn Schiffbauer, Executive Director, Santa Fe Green Chamber of Commerce
- David Van Winkle, Treasurer, Board of Directors of New Energy Economy
- Marina Weber, Global Warming Express